Deadlines for the 2018-19 School Year:
Returning Families: January 19, 2018
New Families: February 2, 2018
Step 1: Complete the online Parent Financial Statement (PFS)
- Marymount High School (SSS Code 4918) partners with School and Student Service (SSS) to handle a major portion of the computations in our financial assistance process. SSS is a service of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
- Based on the financial information you provide, SSS calculates an estimated amount that your family can contribute to your daughter’s educational expenses.
- Go to https://sssbynais.force.com/familyportal/familylogin and click on the prompt to begin your Parent Financial statement. You will create a user name and password which will allow you to complete the PFS over more than one session. Only one PFS is required per family regardless of the number of children or the number of schools applying.
- If you applied for financial assistance last year, you may log in as a Returning Family using the e-mail address and password you set up last year.
- The PFS Step-by-Step instructions are available in English and Spanish at http://sssbynais.org/parents/apply. If you would like to speak to an SSS customer service representative, they can be reached at (800) 344-8328, Monday through Friday, 8 am – 8 pm ET.
- All applications must be submitted no later than January 19, 2018 for returning students and February 3, 2018 for new students. Please ensure that Marymount High School receives a copy of the results by using SSS Code 4918.
- A credit card will be needed to process the $49 PFS application fee. Fee waivers are available for qualified applicant families. Please refer to SSS Fee Waiver at http://sssbynais.org/fee-waivers
Step 2: Complete the IRS Form 4506T
The mailing address for SSS is:
School and Student Services
P.O. Box 449
Randolph, MA 02368-0449
If sending by over night:
School and Student Services
Application Processing Center
15 Dan Road, Suite 102
Canton, MA 02021
- Marymount makes every effort to distribute its limited financial assistance resources as equitably as possible. This requires the cooperation of all applicants in supplying Marymount with the information necessary to assess your family’s financial position.
- Answers to the questions included in the Application for Financial Assistance allows the Financial Assistance Committee to view financial need beyond the numbers you have submitted to School and Student Services (SSS). We welcome you to write about particular family circumstances that you may wish to explain in the last section of this document. All information submitted will be handled in strictest confidence.
- Submit the Marymount High School Application for Financial Assistance by uploading it directly to the SSS website or mail to SSS as explained in Step 2 above.
Step 4: Submit your federal tax returns, W-2 and/or 1099 forms, and other documentation
- Submit your 2016 Federal Income Tax Return (Form 1040), all accompanying schedules, W-2’s and/or 1099’s by uploading it directly to the SSS website by the application deadline or mail to SSSas explained in Step 2 above.
Important Note: If you applied for financial assistance last year and already provided SSS with your 2016 tax documentation as requested last April, you do not have to resubmit 2016 tax returns, W-2s or 1099s. They have been retained in your daughter’s account by SSS.
- If you are divorced or legally separated, please submit the appropriate section of your most recent decree or agreement indicating: Custody and Educational Expense Arrangements and Child/Spousal Support to SSS by the application deadline as explained in Step 2 above.
If you are self-employed/partner, please submit the most recent of the following as appropriate to SSS by the application deadline as explained in Step 2 above:
- Form 1120: if you are incorporated as a corporation
- Form 1120S: if you are a Subchapter S Corporation
- Form K-1: if you are a shareholder or partner of a partnership
Upload or mail your 2017 Federal Income Tax Return (Form 1040) and all accompanying schedules to SSS as explained in Step 2 above by April 30, 2018.
Questions? Contact SSS Customer Service at (800 )344-8328 or Lori Paillet in the Marymount Business Office at (310)472-1205, extension 318 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: All documents must be submitted to SSS either by upload, mail or over night.
No documents should be submitted directly to Marymount High School.
Financial assistance decisions will be communicated to families of newly accepted students who have completed financial assistance application packages via e-mail and regular mail on March 19, 2018.
Notification of renewed financial assistance awards for continuing students
with completed financial assistance applications packages will be made via e-mail on February 28, 2018